RUTLEDGE, Tenn. (WATE) – A 2-year-old boy was struck and killed Saturday after police say he ran into a Grainger County road.
Around 4 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 7 a vehicle was traveling west on Indian Ridge Road when it struck the child, according to a report from Tennessee Highway Patrol.
THP says the toddler’s mother was outside cleaning out her vehicle when the child ran into the roadway and was struck.
No citations have been issued and no charges have been filed.
- Read City USA book drive aims to improve family literacy in Knox County
- Family of 12-year-old girl who died from flu speaks out
- Positively Tennessee: Snidow making a difference with staff, patients at East Tennessee Children’s Hospital
- The Business Buzz: Zoo Knoxville hosting seasonal job fair
- Bill would create sex assault solutions task force for Coast Guard