RUTLEDGE, Tenn. (WATE) – A 2-year-old boy was struck and killed Saturday after police say he ran into a Grainger County road.
Around 4 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 7 a vehicle was traveling west on Indian Ridge Road when it struck the child, according to a report from Tennessee Highway Patrol.
THP says the toddler’s mother was outside cleaning out her vehicle when the child ran into the roadway and was struck.
No citations have been issued and no charges have been filed.
- Pigskin Preview: Farragut
- Downtown Sevierville business owners share how streetscape project, pandemic has impacted business
- Plane skids off runway in India; 14 killed, dozens hurt
- Postal Service loses $2.2B in 3 months as virus woes persist
- Family of slain TDOC employee feels ‘joyful,’ one year later