CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. (WATE) –The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency has released the identity of the victim from Friday’s fatal boating accident on Watauga Lake.
Just before 7:30 Friday night, officers were called to Watauga Lake in Carter County for a report of a man struggling in the water.
The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency identified the victim as 52-year old Eric Jordan of North Carolina. Officials say Jordan jumped into the lake to help a dog that had jumped into the water.
He began struggling and someone from a nearby houseboat pulled him out. CPR was given but was unsuccessful.
- What were those mysterious lights over Las Vegas?
- Loudon County deputies arrest man seen going through mailboxes
- Where are the fattest cities in America? Report ranks 4 Tennessee cities in top 20
- US declined to prosecute Trump transport chief after inspector general review
- ‘Sexual and denigrating:’ Pentagon report details ex-White House Dr. Jackson’s behavior