KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Christmas in Chilhowee is lighting up the night a couple of weeks early on Friday.
This to welcome a special guest visitor, the U.S. Capitol Christmas tree. The 60-foot-blue spruce is making a stop in Knoxville on its way to Washington D.C.
Along with checking out the U.S. Capitol Tree, kids can visit with Santa, enjoy free doughnuts, marshmallow roasting, face painting and even train rides.
Christmas at Chilhowee begins Friday from 6 to 9 p.m. at Chilhowee Park.
All Christmas in the city events can be accessed by public transit using either a KAT bus or one of KAT’s free downtown trolleys.
After tonight, the park will be open nightly for self-guided walking and driving tours until January 1.
- Trump’s defense team presents case against impeachment as Democrats demand Bolton testify
- Super Bowl champion Ed Reed learned from the ‘pavers’
- Big Game Bound: Who should America root for, Chiefs or 49ers?
- Chiefs, 49ers arrive in Miami for Super Bowl week
- 50 years later, Chiefs relishing current Super Bowl run