KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Christmas in Chilhowee is lighting up the night a couple of weeks early on Friday.
This to welcome a special guest visitor, the U.S. Capitol Christmas tree. The 60-foot-blue spruce is making a stop in Knoxville on its way to Washington D.C.
Along with checking out the U.S. Capitol Tree, kids can visit with Santa, enjoy free doughnuts, marshmallow roasting, face painting and even train rides.
Christmas at Chilhowee begins Friday from 6 to 9 p.m. at Chilhowee Park.
All Christmas in the city events can be accessed by public transit using either a KAT bus or one of KAT’s free downtown trolleys.
After tonight, the park will be open nightly for self-guided walking and driving tours until January 1.
- Police: Patron angered by ketchup pulls gun at McDonald’s
- Black bear caught on video in Gatlinburg parking garage
- LIVE TODAY: Southeastern Stream Live – SEC Championship Preview
- Former TN Army National Guard recruiter accused of sexual misconduct with juveniles
- Permanent hair dye, chemical straighteners may increase breast cancer risk