HEISKELL, Tenn. (WATE) – The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation probe is underway after a Union County man was arrested in the death of his wife.
Union County deputies were called to a home along Raccoon Valley Road for a report of a deceased woman and a naked man in a tree at 8 a.m. Thursday.
When deputies arrived, they found 39-year-old Jason Jones standing naked in the doorway of the home and took him into custody without incident.
Deputies later discovered the body of 37-year-old Panzie Jones, who appeared to have died from blunt force trauma injuries.
Jones has been charged with criminal homicide. He’s currently being held on a $1 million dollar bond.
- Mother of slain Florida teen shot during his burial service
- Cocke County deputies seeking to identify suspect who assaulted a juvenile
- TN Department of Military continues work during pandemic
- Pandemic increases demand for Christmas trees while farmers experience shortage
- Crews respond to chimney fire in Knox County