KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The University of Tennessee is shedding light on its decision to cancel Spring 2020 commencement ceremonies.
UT-Knoxville said Wednesday officials are working on plans for a commencement ceremony for the spring class of 2020 at a later date after canceling the May ceremony amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
The university added, “the class of 2020 will be celebrated and their achievements will be recognized. We will keep you posted on these plans.”
- NAACP to hold news conference after death of George Floyd
- KCSO: Corrections officer drove new van into fence
- ‘My heart is broken’: Lawmakers weigh in on protests across the nation
- On Your Side: What to know if you received a stimulus prepaid debit card payment
- Family autopsy: Floyd asphyxiated by sustained pressure