Mobile Ala. (WKRG) — A utility worker heading home after helping to restore power on the Gulf Coast was killed Wednesday in a crash in Mississippi.
The crash happened on Highway 45 in Macon, MS. The utility worker was driving in a convoy of power trucks when he struck an 18-wheeler, according to Assistant Police Chief Douglas Triplett.
Noxubee County Coroner R.L. Calhoun confirms to WKRG News 5 the man killed has been identified as 37-year-old, Darrell Holt, from Excelsior Springs, Missouri. WKRG has learned he worked for R&M Pole Line Construction.
Holt’s family has started a fund to raise money for his funeral. If you would like to donate, click here.
- Two-thirds of Americans suffer from election anxiety – here’s what can help
- Colorado firefighters to homeowners: ‘If this note finds you we must have done something right’
- Keyen Green looks to bring energy and intensity to Lady Vols
- Watts Bar shuts down nuclear reactor for scheduled maintenance
- Gatlinburg shares bear safety advice as part of Bearwise Week