KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Honoring veterans of all armed forces, the Tennessee Federation of Garden Clubs officially placed a Blue Star Memorial marker at the Knoxville National Cemetery.
The marker is a way to honor all of those in our region who have served our country in the U.S. military – risking their lives to keep us safe.
District IV Blue Star Chairman Connie Baker telling WATE 6 On Your Side the marker brings recognition of honoring our veterans and also a sign of respect.
Knoxville is home to one of just four national cemeteries across the state and is now the third to now house a Blue Star Memorial marker.
MORE ONLINE | View more of our Veterans Day coverage here
- Video shows Florida man angry over COVID-19 barrier attack driver, deputies say
- Second stimulus checks: Sides hope to reach deal this week on package with $1,200 payments
- Clorox wipes shortage is expected to last into 2021
- ‘Zombie cicadas’ infected with mind-controlling fungus emerge
- Police searching for man who took photos of woman inside Sevierville Walmart restroom