KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Have you ever wondered how Veterans Day got its start?
Do you ever get Veterans Day confused with Memorial Day?
If so, you’re not alone.
WATE Six on Your Side anchor Bo Williams recently caught up with Joan Markel of the McCLung Museum on the campus of The University of Tennessee to explore the answers to those questions as well as the Volunteer State’s early contributions to Veterans Day.
- Knoxville celebrating purchase of first all-electric transit bus
- LIVE Trump impeachment hearings & analysis: Committee vote nears
- Elizabethton Cyclones defeat Springfield 30-6 to claim 4-A State Title
- Police investigating after body discovered along North Knoxville road
- Blount Co. authorities seeking driver of Nissan truck involved in Friday hit-and-run