KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Have you ever wondered how Veterans Day got its start?
Do you ever get Veterans Day confused with Memorial Day?
If so, you’re not alone.
WATE Six on Your Side anchor Bo Williams recently caught up with Joan Markel of the McCLung Museum on the campus of The University of Tennessee to explore the answers to those questions as well as the Volunteer State’s early contributions to Veterans Day.
- Prosecutors describe racist slur as Ahmaud Arbery lay dying
- Tracking the Tropics: Cristobal weakens to tropical depression before move back to Gulf
- WATCH LIVE: George Floyd memorial service in Minneapolis
- Deputy fired in Tennessee after ‘open fire’ comment
- Police make 3rd arrest in damaged Nashville courthouse