ROCKWOOD, Tenn. (WATE) – A crash last week in Roane County has taken the life of a Rockwood man.
The crash happened last Thursday, December 5.
Tennessee Highway Patrol confirmed 55-year-old Eugene Smith was killed in the crash.
Smith was a passenger in a pickup truck that crashed on Pumphouse Road in Rockwood.
We’re told the driver was taking a left curve when he overcorrected, causing the vehicle to hit a tree and overturn.
The driver of the truck was injured. Both were wearing seatbelts, according to a THP report.
- Search continues for missing Cocke County man seen on Aug. 29
- New California fire scorches wine country near San Francisco
- Bodycam video shows the scene after the Breonna Taylor shooting
- Another federal judge orders stop to Postal Service cuts
- Carole Baskin booted from ‘Dancing with the Stars’