TAMPA (WFLA/CNN) – What could make a night at the theater more endearing? How about seats filled with dogs?
It happened in Canada for a performance of “Billy Elliot: The Musical.”
The pups were treated to the outing as part of their training to become service dogs.
Sitting calmly in a theater with human handlers helps prepare them for what their new owners might need them to do.
It takes two years for the dogs to complete their training — which also includes trips to the zoo, subways, and crowded fairs.
The dogs don’t have to actually pay attention to the stage to pass — but some of them did, anyway!
The theater says the dogs are welcome to come back any time.
- Driver sustains minor injuries after vehicle flips over freeway ramp
- Man catches 112-pound catfish in Mississippi River
- All Florida school districts must reopen campuses next month, Dept. of Education says
- After Supreme Court ruling, what’s next for DACA?
- Dalai Lama turns 85, releases first album