KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Tennessee freshman running back Eric Gray’s record-setting day against Vanderbilt has earned him SEC Freshman of the Week honors.
The Southeastern Conference announced Monday that Eric Gray was named Week 14’s SEC Freshman of the Week.
Gray ran for 246 yards and three touchdowns on 25 carries in Tennessee’s 28-10 win over Vanderbilt on Saturday, a record for a Tennessee true freshman. The previous record was held by Jamal Lewis who rushed for 232 yards against Georgia in 1997.
Gray also set the record for the longest single rush by a Tennessee true freshman when he broke a 94-yard run in the second quarter against Vanderbilt.
Tennessee awaits bowl announcements after finishing 3rd in the SEC East with a 7-5 overall record.
- WATCH LIVE: Crowds gather at National Civil Rights Museum for protest
- Nashville ‘I Will Breathe’: At least 5 arrested, no officers injured at Metro Police central precinct
- Nashville ‘I Will Breathe’: Organizers say violent protesters probably not from the original rally
- Protests heat up across US, governors call in National Guard
- Nashville ‘I Will Breathe’: Smoke canisters deployed on protesters on Broadway