ATHENS, Tenn. (WATE) – With colder temperatures in the forecast, the McMinn County warming center will be open this weekend.
The warming center will open up at East Athens Baptist Church for Sunday and Monday evening as temperatures drop to below 25 degrees.
Volunteers are needed to prepare the shelter, distribute food and clean up afterward.
East Athens Baptist Church is located at 301 Central Avenue.
Any potential volunteers should sign up on the online roster and/ or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- AMBER Alert issued for two girls abducted, after two boys were found dead in Kansas
- Titans Week: Getting healthy before a big battle with the Steelers
- Veterans: Your free breakfast awaits at Shoney’s on Veterans Day
- Alabama runs away from Tennessee 48-17
- TN Dept of Health: 2,574 new COVID-19 cases, 2,110 new recoveries