KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — The Knox County Election Commission is reminding voters that there is one week remaining to register to vote for the 2021 City of Knoxville Regular Election.
All registered voters that reside in the City of Knoxville, including residents of the 5th City Council District, are eligible to vote in the City of Knoxville Regular Election. Early voting begins Oct. 13 and Election Day is Nov. 2.
The deadline to register is Monday, October 4, 2021. The deadline also applies to those voters that wish to vote as property-qualified voters.
The ballot for all voters will have all five races (City Council Districts 1, 2, 3, 4, and 6).
The prospective property qualified voter must be qualified to vote under the laws of and be a resident of the State of Tennessee (but not a resident of Knoxville) that owns property that meets certain requirements.
Guidelines regarding property qualified voting are as follows:
- The parcel must be a minimum of 4,000 square feet.
- The prospective property qualified voter must have owned the property for a minimum of six (6) months.
- The prospective property qualified voter’s name must be on the deed.
- No more than two (2) individuals shall be entitled to vote on a piece of property regardless of the number of property owners.
- Property qualified voters must vote absentee by mail (see T.C.A § 2-6-205).
Call the Knox County Election Commission 865-215-2480 or visit www.knoxcounty.org/election/ for more information.