LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – The Phoenix Suns found a touching way to announce the starting lineup before Tuesday’s game – they let family members introduce their loved ones from home.
The pregame ritual might have escaped notice outside of Phoenix in normal times, but these are not normal times.
NBA players and coaches reported in early July to the “bubble” in Orlando, Florida where they have been quarantined over COVID-19 concerns.
The announcement left players grinning widely, many visibly excited as they congratulated the teammate being announced.
“We’re not crying, you’re crying,” the Suns tweeted before the team’s matchup with the Philadelphia 76ers.
The Suns have been one of the surprises of the season since the NBA resumed action in Orlando. The Suns have won all seven games they’ve played at the bubble at Disney World and are now in contention for a playoff spot.
- WWII veteran’s canteen found in St. Louis, makes its way back to Oklahoma
- LIVE: Pres. Trump’s address at 75th annual UN General Assembly
- Annual Power Of The Purse is going virtual
- Louisville police chief declares state of emergency for department ahead of Breonna Taylor case update
- New Hampshire man wins contest with 1-ton pumpkin