NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — “GIRL” singer Maren Morris announced with some irony that she’s having a boy with husband and singer Ryan Hurd.
The Grammy-winning country singer posted of a photo of herself with Hurd on Instagram on Tuesday announcing her pregnancy, saying “the universe would give us a baby boy to even things out.”
The Texas-born Morris released her second album “GIRL” this year. It’s nominated for album of the year at this year’s CMA Awards, where she’s the leading nominee. She had a breakthrough debut in 2016 with “Hero,” which spawned the Grammy-winning “My Church.” She also had a Top 5 crossover hit with “The Middle,” a collaboration with Zedd and Grey.
She’s also a member of the country group The Highwomen, with Brandi Carlile, Natalie Hemby and Amanda Shires.
- Knoxville Police searches for theft suspect
- Texas man who sought to kill, rape and eat a child sentenced to 40 years in federal prison
- ‘Tell my mom I love her’: Graphic body camera video shows police officer shooting 13-year-old boy with autism
- Where are this year’s healthiest US communities?
- Knox County Health Dept. Director Buchanan concerned about County Commission’s resolution limiting Board of Health’s powers