BRISTOL, Tenn. (WJHL) — A criminal case against William McCloud, who has been connected to the case of deceased Sullivan County toddler Evelyn Boswell, has been bound over to a grand jury.
McCloud appeared in Bristol Sessions Court on Wednesday on charges unrelated to the Evelyn Boswell case. Those charges include domestic assault, child abuse and neglect, and violation of an order of protection.
McCloud was arrested on May 24 after he allegedly assaulted a woman who claimed to be his ex-girlfriend and mother of his 8-year-old child. She told police that he struck the child in the face when he tried to stop the assault on his mother.
McCloud has been connected to the Evelyn Boswell case since he was arrested in North Carolina with the toddler’s grandmother in a vehicle that was reported as stolen.
- Angela Boswell, William McCloud cited for shoplifting at Kingsport Walmart, banned from stores
- William McCloud arrested on domestic assault, child abuse charges
- Bail Bondsman: William McCloud said over the phone Evelyn’s mother knows where she is
- William McCloud seen blowing kisses, trying to communicate with Angela Boswell in court
- William McCloud declines comment at home after remains believed to be Evelyn Boswell found
- William McCloud bonds out of jail on same day of court appearance
- William McCloud’s grandmother owns land next to pond at center of search for Evelyn Boswell
- Sullivan County Sheriff: Wilkes County, NC authorities searching pond in relation to search for Evelyn Boswell
- Two TN residents arrested in N.C. after being found with car connected to AMBER Alert for Evelyn Boswell