(WATE) – A woman is in custody after a multi-agency police pursuit through two counties.
Just before 11 p.m. Sunday, a Loudon County Sheriff’s Office deputy spotted a female driver going over the speed limit along Martel Road in Loudon County and swerving in and out of her lane.
When the deputy attempted to stop the driver, a chase began.
Loudon County and Knox County deputies teamed up to chase the driver. A blockade along Choto Road where the driver hit a patrol car. The pursuit was eventually terminated due to Shubert’s dangerous operation of her vehicle.
Approximately 10 minutes later the vehicle was spotted again on Turkey Creek Road by Knox County Deputies. The chase eventually came to an end along Pellissippi Parkway after the driver’s car broke down.
The driver, now identified as Crystal Shubert, is being held in the Knox County Detention Facility on several charges out of both counties. We’re also told she had multiple felony warrants out for her arrest.
- Scott, Graham meet with SCOTUS nominee on Capitol Hill
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 moments that defined the night
- Fact check: A look at claims from Trump and Biden’s first debate
- ‘Would you shut up, man?’: Trump, Biden interrupt each other during chaotic debate
- Poll: More than a third of Americans won’t even trust their doctor to tell them a COVID-19 vaccine is safe