KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Former Tennessee governor and mayor of Knoxville Bill Haslam announced Monday his endorsement of Eddie Mannis in the mayoral race.
Haslam points to Mannis’ experience founding and expanding the business, Prestige Cleaners, as one of several qualifications that have prepared him to lead the city.
Mannis’ opponent, Indya Kincannon, has had several endorsements of her own in her mayoral candidacy, including former mayoral rival and city councilman Marshall Stair.
Election Day is Tuesday, Nov. 5.
- Memphis pastor indicted by grand jury on charges related to attempted statutory rape
- 2.3 magnitude earthquake in Maryville
- Dak Prescott signed a football for a sick Texas teen, now she’s returning the ‘faith’
- Second stimulus checks: Pelosi still hoping to strike deal before election
- UPDATE: Missing woman out of Union County found, per sheriff’s office