KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The Knox County Election Commission is hosting three open houses/informational sessions on its new Verity paper-based voting system this week.
- Monday, July 6 from 6–8 p.m. at The Change Center, 203 Harriet Tubman St.
- Wednesday, July 8 from 6–8 p.m. at the South Knoxville Senior Center, 6729 Martel Lane
- Saturday, July 11 from 10 a.m. to noon at its Downtown West Early Voting Center, 1645 Downtown West Blvd.
Election Commission representatives will show voters the voting system and how to complete and cast a paper ballot.
More information, including videos on how to cast a ballot and a flyer on the proper way to complete a ballot, can be found on the front page of www.knoxvotes.org.
Early voting for the Aug. 6 elections begins July 17.
Voter registration forms will be available for anyone wishing to register to vote. The voter registration deadline for the Aug. 6 election is Tuesday.
Social distancing will be enforced and attendees may have to wait in line, depending on attendance, election administrator Chris Davis said. Masks are highly encouraged.
- Tennessee vet warns of livestock illness hitting Midwest
- Trump boosts Hagerty on eve of Tennessee Senate GOP election
- GOP Senate race tops Tennessee primary Election Day ballot
- KCS Superintendent talks delaying start of school
- New Cheetos mac and cheese hitting Walmart shelves this weekend nationwide