TENNESSEE (WATE) – State Rep. Timothy Hill has announced his candidacy for Congress.
Rep. Hill, R-Blountville, has served in the Tennessee Legislature since 2012.
Hill is running for Rep. Phil Roe’s 1st District seat. Roe announced Jan. 3 that he is stepping down after six terms in the U.S. House of Representatives.
Hill says he is running because he is a proven conservative and will be an ally to President Donald Trump.
“We want to take that same conservative perspective to Washington, D.C., which is incredibly broken. It needs a solid conservative voice who comes from Northeast Tennessee, and I look forward to being that guy.”State Rep. Timothy Hill
Hill has already hired Mike Lukach to run his campaign; Lukach served as a state director for the Trump 2016 Campaign before serving in the president’s administration.
- Knox County parents, children adjusting to distance learning
- Coronavirus in Knox: KCS continues giving out meals to kids
- Tennessee Chamber launches TN Creators Respond initiative
- Coronavirus: Knoxville establishes shelter in event of COVID-19 outbreak amongst homeless population
- Oregon veteran recovers from COVID-19, celebrates 104th birthday