JACKSBORO, Tenn. (WATE) — Tennessee lawmakers are working to make sure people make it to the polls.
State Sen. Ken Yager (R-Kingston) is on a “Get Out the Vote” bus tour. He’s being joined by other East Tennessee leaders.
Monday, the tour visited Jacksboro, Huntsville, Jamestown and Byrdstown. The tour will hit the road again on Tuesday with stops in Wartburg, Kingston and Dayton.
“It’s important that as many people as possible get invested in this election,” Yager said. “Because it’s the most important election, at least in my lifetime.”
Early Voting Reminder
Early voting is going on now until Oct. 29. Election day is Nov. 3.
- “Spending time in prayer today for you,” says TN governor and first lady
- Restaurants dish out free food for Thanksgiving in light of harder times during pandemic
- Thanksgiving for 300: Knox Area Rescue Ministries tries to safely serve
- It’s beginning to look a lot like shopping: West Town Mall to open early on Black Friday
- Mobile Meals delivers smiles amid pandemic this Thanksgiving