ROGERSVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Hawkins County is the latest community in the Volunteer State to become a Second Amendment Sanctuary.
The resolution was unanimously passed at the Hawkins County Commission meeting Monday night.
Second Amendment Sanctuaries work to prevent certain gun control measures that could be perceived as a violation of the Second Amendment – such measure could include universal background checks, high capacity magazine bans and assault weapons bans.
The resolution passed in Hawkins County does not provide any funding for legislators,but does voice the county’s support of the Second Amendment.
- Bristol, Tenn. PD asks public for help in locating missing man last seen August 3
- Judge: Mom accused in QAnon kidnapping plot can stand trial
- Clear the Shelters: Actor Dennis Quaid adopts cat named Dennis Quaid
- Halloween candy is arriving earlier than usual
- Southwest removes family from flight after 3-year-old with autism refuses mask