ROGERSVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Hawkins County is the latest community in the Volunteer State to become a Second Amendment Sanctuary.
The resolution was unanimously passed at the Hawkins County Commission meeting Monday night.
Second Amendment Sanctuaries work to prevent certain gun control measures that could be perceived as a violation of the Second Amendment – such measure could include universal background checks, high capacity magazine bans and assault weapons bans.
The resolution passed in Hawkins County does not provide any funding for legislators,but does voice the county’s support of the Second Amendment.
- K-9 handler not sure how dogs missed remains in Florida reserve
- Texas abortion law remains in place, Supreme Court to hear challenges Nov. 1
- Halyna Hutchins: What we know about the cinematographer killed by prop gun
- Heupel growing a new culture in Tennessee football program
- Knoxville staple Sam & Andy’s celebrates 75 years of business