ROGERSVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Hawkins County is the latest community in the Volunteer State to become a Second Amendment Sanctuary.
The resolution was unanimously passed at the Hawkins County Commission meeting Monday night.
Second Amendment Sanctuaries work to prevent certain gun control measures that could be perceived as a violation of the Second Amendment – such measure could include universal background checks, high capacity magazine bans and assault weapons bans.
The resolution passed in Hawkins County does not provide any funding for legislators,but does voice the county’s support of the Second Amendment.
- Public memorial service remembers the private Kobe Bryant
- UT police seeking man wanted for questioning for vehicle burglary, fraud
- Knoxville Polar Plunge raises money for Tennessee Special Olympics
- GALLERY: Knoxville 2020 Polar Plunge
- THP releases statistics following Crossville sobriety checkpoint