ROGERSVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Hawkins County is the latest community in the Volunteer State to become a Second Amendment Sanctuary.
The resolution was unanimously passed at the Hawkins County Commission meeting Monday night.
Second Amendment Sanctuaries work to prevent certain gun control measures that could be perceived as a violation of the Second Amendment – such measure could include universal background checks, high capacity magazine bans and assault weapons bans.
The resolution passed in Hawkins County does not provide any funding for legislators,but does voice the county’s support of the Second Amendment.
- 10-foot python found under hood of Mustang in South Florida
- On Your Side: Breaking down the ‘You’re In Trouble’ scam
- Daylight saving time debate lingers in Congress
- Gov. Lee, Sen. Alexander celebrate park funding from Great American Outdoors Act
- Date announced for 2020 Music City Bowl at Nissan Stadium