ROGERSVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Hawkins County is the latest community in the Volunteer State to become a Second Amendment Sanctuary.
The resolution was unanimously passed at the Hawkins County Commission meeting Monday night.
Second Amendment Sanctuaries work to prevent certain gun control measures that could be perceived as a violation of the Second Amendment – such measure could include universal background checks, high capacity magazine bans and assault weapons bans.
The resolution passed in Hawkins County does not provide any funding for legislators,but does voice the county’s support of the Second Amendment.
- Peaceful protesters march in Oak Ridge, police chief walks alongside them
- MEDIC Regional Blood Center launches ‘Save Our Summer’ campaign
- Community Action Agency asks for help as refrigerated delivery truck needs repairs
- The Business Buzz: JTV is hiring
- Man in clown mask charged after setting Chicago cop car on fire: officials