ROGERSVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Hawkins County is the latest community in the Volunteer State to become a Second Amendment Sanctuary.
The resolution was unanimously passed at the Hawkins County Commission meeting Monday night.
Second Amendment Sanctuaries work to prevent certain gun control measures that could be perceived as a violation of the Second Amendment – such measure could include universal background checks, high capacity magazine bans and assault weapons bans.
The resolution passed in Hawkins County does not provide any funding for legislators,but does voice the county’s support of the Second Amendment.
- Car erupts in flames after driver hits deer on Minnesota highway
- NBA’s LeBron James, Draymond Green and Kevin Love are buying a pro pickleball team
- AAP issues new guidance for head lice in schools
- Reese’s combines two of its own to create new candy
- Smokies monitoring weather conditions as Ian approaches