ROGERSVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Hawkins County is the latest community in the Volunteer State to become a Second Amendment Sanctuary.
The resolution was unanimously passed at the Hawkins County Commission meeting Monday night.
Second Amendment Sanctuaries work to prevent certain gun control measures that could be perceived as a violation of the Second Amendment – such measure could include universal background checks, high capacity magazine bans and assault weapons bans.
The resolution passed in Hawkins County does not provide any funding for legislators,but does voice the county’s support of the Second Amendment.
- Biden, Harris meet with Congressional Black Caucus about police reform
- What’s the ‘best state’? Poll ranks U.S. states from best to worst
- 15-year-old arrested following threat at Harlan Co. High School in Kentucky
- Online learning capacity likely to shrink next year for Knox Co. Schools
- Drainage problem floods property in Bean Station