(WATE) — The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said Wednesday the human remains found at a Blountville property Friday evening have been positively identified as missing toddler Evelyn Boswell.
On Friday, March 6, investigators with the Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office discovered human remains at the property belonging to a relative of Evelyn’s mother, Megan Boswell. The remains were believed to be that of Evelyn Boswell.
The remains were sent to a lab Friday for an autopsy and identification.
Evelyn had been reported missing Feb. 18. The TBI issued an AMBER Alert Feb. 19 as its agency along with the Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office began search efforts for the 15-month-old. She hadn’t been seen since December.
This is a developing story.
- Advocates ‘shocked’ to learn Biden considered keeping Trump’s cap on refugees
- A home away from home: comfort is now available for WV veterans’ families
- Cartels use COVID-19 as excuse to raise drug prices, distribute food to poor in Mexico, report says
- Parler can now return to App Store, Apple says in letter to senator
- New Jersey adds ‘X’ gender option on driver’s licenses and IDs