KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Central High School will not play Seymour High School this Friday, Central athletic director JD Lambert confirmed on Tuesday.
Lambert said the decision to cancel the September 18th match-up was made by the Eagles.
In a statement given to WATE Sports on Wednesday afternoon by Sevier County Assistant Superintendent Debra Ann Cline regarding the cancellation, Cline wrote:
“Out of an abundance of caution, the football game between Seymour High School and Central High school originally scheduled for Friday evening has been canceled. Several of Seymour’s players and coaches are currently quarantined and we want to ensure the safety of all concerned.”
The Bobcats were 4-0 most recently defeating Hardin Valley 53-21, meanwhile, Seymour was 0-4 entering week five most recently falling to Campbell County 34-12.
Latest High School Sports
- TSSAA Girl’s basketball District Championship Scoreboard
- East Tennessee athletes named finalists for Mr. and Miss Basketball awards
- Tennessee Republicans advance ban on transgender athletes
- From sidelined to sideline: How an injury paved the way for the future
- Pigeon Forge’s Mustafi Algarawi signs with ETSU