MORRISTOWN, Tenn. (WATE) — Morristown-West High School football practice has been canceled after a player tested positive for COVID-19.
Director of Hamblen County Schools Jeff Perry said the team was holding summer conditioning drills and a player felt ill. He was tested afterward and found to be positive with the novel coronavirus. The school contacted parents who reported 12 to 15 more players had been tested and were waiting on results.
Perry said seven of those tests have already come back and the players were all negative. Practice won’t resume until all results are back.
- High school football Player of the Week nominees: week six
- Gallery: Week 6 of Friday Frenzy
- Friday Frenzy Week 6 final scores from across the state
- WATCH: Friday Frenzy Week 6 game highlights
- Lenoir City – Greenback high school football game canceled due to positive COVID-19 test