KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Powell and Central will face each other Saturday night after their originally scheduled games were canceled amid COVID-19 concerns.
Powell was set to travel to Clinton while Central was traveling to Seymour.
“Our program, school and community is extremely excited about the opportunity for our student-athletes to play football this week,” Powell coach Matt Lowe said. “The Powell High School and Knoxville Central High School coaches, administration and staff worked diligently to make this opportunity possible. We have tremendous respect for coach (Nick) Craney and his program, and we look forward to a great game on Saturday evening.”
Kickoff for Powell and Central will be at 7:30 p.m. at Central High School.
- Titans have NFL’s 1st COVID-19 outbreak; next game still on
- Vols’ Yves Pons to host virtual cooking class for Make-A-Wish
- Titans place 3 players on Reserve/COVID-19 list
- Titans have NFL’s first COVID-19 outbreak, with 8 positives
- Former Titan, Vol Albert Haynesworth charged with domestic assault