KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Powell and Central will face each other Saturday night after their originally scheduled games were canceled amid COVID-19 concerns.
Powell was set to travel to Clinton while Central was traveling to Seymour.
“Our program, school and community is extremely excited about the opportunity for our student-athletes to play football this week,” Powell coach Matt Lowe said. “The Powell High School and Knoxville Central High School coaches, administration and staff worked diligently to make this opportunity possible. We have tremendous respect for coach (Nick) Craney and his program, and we look forward to a great game on Saturday evening.”
Kickoff for Powell and Central will be at 7:30 p.m. at Central High School.
- New decade of Vols athletics begins with new AD Danny White
- Construction on new stadium at Gibbs High School to begin after fall 2021 season
- Chiefs’ Mahomes practices, remains in concussion protocol
- Don Sutton, Hall of Fame pitcher for Dodgers, dies at 75
- Colts QB Rivers, 39, retires from NFL after 17 seasons