KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — A member of the South-Doyle High School’s football coaching staff has tested positive for COVID-19.
According to head football coach and athletic director Clark Duncan, a member of the offensive coaching staff on Wednesday tested positive for the virus on the heels of an offensive staff meeting on Tuesday.
“All coaches followed social distancing protocol,” Duncan said. “As a precaution, the other four coaches from the same meeting were tested. Their tests were negative. They were also quarantined for 14 days.”
No other coaches or players were at the meeting and were not around the offensive staff. The defensive staff will run practices.
- Farragut gets one step closer to an 11th state title with victory over McMinn Co.
- Austin-East boys soccer team needs funding for meals as they head to state
- Three local baseball teams win region titles, two local softball teams crowned
- Hardin Valley Academy to host baseball legend Pete Rose at charity banquet
- Knoxville Catholic tabs Korey Mobbs as new football coach