UPDATE (3 p.m. Jan. 8) — The start of the Ice Bears season is going to be delayed just a bit longer.
Puck drop was initially set for 7:30 p.m. between the Knoxville Ice Bears and Macon Mayhem at the Civic Coliseum. Due to traveling difficulties, the new start time is 8:30 p.m. Doors will open at 7:30 p.m.
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — After loads of anticipation, the Knoxville Ice Bears are preparing for their home opener on Friday, Jan. 8.
The Ice Bears will take on the Macon Mayhem, in the first major event at the Knoxville Civic Coliseum since the coronavirus pandemic began shutting things down.
The puck is set to drop at 7:30 p.m.
If you plan to attend:
- Your temperature will be checked when you arrive
- You are asked to get your ticket online before you arrive to minimize contact with workers
- Masks will be required and seats will be zip tied for social distancing
- There will also be additional hand sanitizing stations throughout the Coliseum
- Alamo Drafthouse movie theater chain files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy because of pandemic
- Update on I-40 safe passage project for wildlife in the Smokies
- SpaceX Starship SN10 explodes after nailing landing
- Gearing up for the Home and Garden Show with NiteTime Decor
- Celebrating National Anthem Day with the South-Doyle High School Singers