JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (WJHL) — Tennessee grad-transfer Jalen Johnson will not transfer to ETSU after all, coach Jason Shay confirmed Wednesday night to News Channel 11.
The 6-6 guard previously announced in April that he would join the Buccaneers for the 2020-21 season.
This comes after junior guard Bo Hodges and sophomore guard Daivien Williamson announced they were transferring from ETSU, with Hodges going to Butler and Williamson heading back to his hometown of Winston-Salem to play for former ETSU coach Steve Forbes at Wake Forest.
Johnson averaged 3.5 points and two rebounds per game for the Volunteers last season. He shot 37 percent from the field and 31.9 percent from beyond the arc. He averaged 15.7 minutes per game and played in all 31 of Tennessee’s games.
- Package containing ricin and addressed to Trump intercepted by law enforcement
- SEC announces roster, positional guidelines for cancellations
- 2 Knox County commissioners co-sponsor resolution to limit power of board of health
- Tennessee reports 942 new COVID-19 cases, 1,801 new recoveries
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand after Trump’s push for new direct payments