JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (WJHL) — Tennessee grad-transfer Jalen Johnson will not transfer to ETSU after all, coach Jason Shay confirmed Wednesday night to News Channel 11.
The 6-6 guard previously announced in April that he would join the Buccaneers for the 2020-21 season.
This comes after junior guard Bo Hodges and sophomore guard Daivien Williamson announced they were transferring from ETSU, with Hodges going to Butler and Williamson heading back to his hometown of Winston-Salem to play for former ETSU coach Steve Forbes at Wake Forest.
Johnson averaged 3.5 points and two rebounds per game for the Volunteers last season. He shot 37 percent from the field and 31.9 percent from beyond the arc. He averaged 15.7 minutes per game and played in all 31 of Tennessee’s games.
- ‘Everybody loved that little boy’: Sumner County volunteer firefighters honor toddler killed in accidental shooting
- Waterbury Christopher Columbus statue vandalized, beheaded
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Cases up 2.9% to 50,140
- WATCH LIVE: Fireworks in downtown Gatlinburg, Tennessee
- Bruno the Bear makes it to Missouri on interstate trek