KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Local high school football players are learning who earned the title of 2020 Tennessee Titans Mr. Football in each division today at Nissan Stadium in Nashville.
- Alcoa’s Grey Carroll is Mr. Football for Division I-Class 3A
The four-year letterman ended his senior campaign with 47 tackles, 16.5 tackles for loss, 4.5 sacks, 2 blocked punts, and 2 forced fumbles according to stats provided by Mike Keith at the banquet.
Alcoa head football coach Gary Rankin said Carroll is one of the best defensive linemen he has ever coached and that he believes he is going to have a great college career.
More than 100 people, including the 30 finalists, family members, and coaches are expected to attend the luncheon; however, there will be fewer guests than in year’s past due to COVID-19 concerns according to a release from the Tennessee Secondary Schools Athletic Association.
The winner will be presented a trophy, and the other two finalists will receive a plaque. The semi-finalists will receive a certificate.
- 2020 Tennessee Titans Mr. Football winners:
- D I-Class 1A: Hunter Frame, South Pittsburg
- D I-Class 2A: Khalik Ganaway, Peabody
- D I-Class 3A: Grey Carroll, Alcoa
- D I-Class 4A: Troy Parker Hughes, Elizabethton
- D I-Class 5A: Prince Kollie, David Crockett
- D I-Class 6A: C.J. Taylor, Warren County
- D II-Class A: Griffin Swinea, Davidson Academy
- D II-Class AA: Dietrick Pennington, ECS
- D II-Class AAA: Dallan Hayden, CBHS
- Kicker of the Year: Teagen Lenderink, Brentwood Academy
Central’s Kalib Fortner and Christian Academy of Knoxville’s James Dunn were both finalists.
- Construction on new stadium at Gibbs High School to begin after fall 2021 season
- Tennessee falls to Florida on rough night shooting
- Gov. Lee extends executive order restricting spectators at sporting events
- Sources: Tennessee fires head coach Jeremy Pruitt, AD Fulmer to retire
- Tennessee Smokies mourn passing of longtime usher