History will be made at Foxboro this weekend.
For the first time ever, a woman will officiate an NFL playoff game.
Sarah Thomas will serve as a down judge when the New England Patriots take on the Los Angeles Chargers in the AFC Divisional Round.
Making history is nothing new for Thomas.
She was the NFL's first full-time female official. In 2009, she became the first woman to officiate a college football bowl game.
This is her fourth season as an NFL official.
Shiffrin skis through sickness to sit
The Latest: Holdener leads by 0.11 in
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- 3 people escape Knoxville house fire
- Tanker overturns on I-75N spilling thousands of gallons of gas
- Gov. Lee visits South-Doyle High School, discusses vocational & technical programs
- East Tennesseans react to POTUS decision on border wall funding
- Son shares grief, memories after Wednesday's deadly Anderson County fire
- Knox, Sevier counties call off school through Wednesday due to illness
- Bear hunting dog theft case bound over to grand jury
- Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Trump emergency declaration faces fights in the courts
- Trump declares emergency at border after stinging defeat
- Judge bars immigration policing criteria for 2 grants
- Employee being fired fatally shoots 5 co-workers in Illinois
- Snow too thick to plow keeps skiers from California resorts
- The Latest: Police say workplace gunman was being fired
- Trump's national emergency sparks new GOP divide in Congress