PALO ALTO, Cali. (WATE) – The No. 23 Tennessee Women’s Basketball team fell to No. 1 Stanford 78-51 on Wednesday night.
Tennessee got off to a slow start, trailing the Cardinal by eight points at the end of the first quarter. The Lady Vols responded by holding Stanford to 14 points in the second quarter.
But Stanford would go on to shoot 42-percent from the field while the Lady Vols made just 20 of their 72 attempts, or 27.8-percent.
Tennessee (8-2) will visit Portland State (6-3) on Saturday at 5 p.m. ET.
- Y-12 hosts 8th Introduce a Girl to Engineering Event
- Ripley’s opening 80s-themed game room Super Fun Zone in Gatlinburg
- 8 News Now/Emerson College poll shows Bernie Sanders is the front runner in Nevada
- ‘Tennessee needs this,’ say families of violent crimes pushing for more rights in justice system
- What to do for dental emergencies