PALO ALTO, Cali. (WATE) – The No. 23 Tennessee Women’s Basketball team fell to No. 1 Stanford 78-51 on Wednesday night.
Tennessee got off to a slow start, trailing the Cardinal by eight points at the end of the first quarter. The Lady Vols responded by holding Stanford to 14 points in the second quarter.
But Stanford would go on to shoot 42-percent from the field while the Lady Vols made just 20 of their 72 attempts, or 27.8-percent.
Tennessee (8-2) will visit Portland State (6-3) on Saturday at 5 p.m. ET.
- Make-A-Wish surprises 4-year-old Florida cancer survivor with puppy
- Which face masks are most effective?
- Civil rights leader Rev. Robert Graetz passes away at 92
- Dolphin rescued from pond after being trapped by Hurricane Sally storm surge
- Hurricane Sally reveals ship that was submerged for decades