KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – One item in the Knoxville Center Mall liquidation auction is attracting a lot of interest from Vols fans.
Bidding is now open for the Knoxville Center Mall Power T. Hung in the foyer of the mall, the giant T is roughly 15 feet tall and 10 feet wide. As of Thursday morning, the leading bid was $1,810. Over 100 bids have been submitted so far in the auction.
A quote hanging around the Power T reading, ” East Tennesseans are noted for forthrightfulness, and their fierce sense of independence,” is up for auction as well.
JD’s Realty and Auction is hosting the final business liquidation auction of the Knoxville Center Mall after it closed in October 2019.
The auction closes Friday, May 22 at 5 p.m. Other items in the auction include display items, paintings, mall benches and much more.
- Cleanup efforts underway after violent Nashville protest
- PHOTOS: Damage to Metro Courthouse after ‘I Will Breathe’ riots
- Tennessee This Week: A conversation with Sen. Becky Duncan Massey
- Tennessee ends May with 23,006 coronavirus cases
- Sheriff takes off helmet, joins protesters in Flint