KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – College football teams generally see the most improvement between Week 1 and Week 2.
(There are audio issues in the first couple of minutes of Tennessee press conference on Monday, Sep. 2, 2019. The issues are resolved after the first few minutes.)
Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt said Monday his Volunteer squad “has a great opportunity to do that.”
Pruitt addressed questions from sports reporters about the humbling 38-30 loss to Georgia State on Saturday at home.
“There’s no secret to why we lost this game,” Pruitt said. “They executed better than we did.
“We turned the ball over five times and only got the ball back one time. It’s hard to beat anybody that way.”
While the loss should disappoint fans and is disappointing to everyone in the program, Pruitt said, what the team has to do is “go back and get to work.”
Tennessee has to reduce mistakes and play together, he said.
“It’s not like some dust you sprinkle out there,” Pruitt said.
The next test for the Vols comes at 7 p.m. Saturday when Tennessee hosts BYU in a game that will be televised on ESPN.
Follow @WATESports on Twitter.
- West Virginia coronavirus outbreak linked to party with 70-100 young people, officials say
- Dream job: Company offering $1,000 to play Animal Crossing
- 5 injured after deck collapses in Virginia Beach
- TN Capitol’s Confederate bust decision shows strong, passionate divides remain
- Louisiana store clerk accused of shooting at customer who refused to wear mask