KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Southeastern Conference Monday afternoon tweeted out that the football game between Tennessee and Texas A&M has been postponed due to positive COVID-19 cases.
The game was set to be played on Saturday, November 14 at 3:30 p.m.
The University of Tennessee released shortly after the announcement that the game has been tentatively rescheduled for December 12 in Knoxville.
“We appreciate Texas A&M’s communication this week,” Tennessee Director of Athletics Phillip Fulmer said. “Our football program continued with its traditional game-week preparation as we awaited a decision on the status of Saturday’s game. We received confirmation of the game’s postponement this afternoon, and we will share pertinent updates with ticket holders via email and social media as developments occur.”UT Sports
The University of Tennessee says that the conference’s COVID-19 management requirements are available to review on SECSports.com (PDF).
- Bill aims to close sentencing gap between crack and cocaine
- Gas company on the scene of leak in Morristown neighborhood
- Kansas City Chiefs, VFL Trey Smith gives shoes to Big Brothers Big Sisters of East Tennessee
- 68,000-square-foot rehabilitation hospital opens in Knoxville
- Police searching for man who tried to get into Inskip Pool cash register