KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — The University of Tennessee football game against Texas A&M is in doubt after three Aggie players tested positive for COVID-19.
A&M Athletic Director Rob Bjork said the Aggies were expecting to be down more than “a dozen players” due to contact tracing protocols.
AL.com SEC reporter Matt Zenitz is reporting the game is trending toward postponement.
According to UT head coach Jeremy Pruitt, the Vols haven’t had a positive test since the start of the season.
The game is scheduled for 3:30pm on Saturday at Neyland Stadium.
- Bring holiday cheer (and a mask) to Gatlinburg Winter Magic events
- Gatlinburg Festival of Trees kicks off with COVID-19 safety protocols
- Pearl on Union permanently closes
- Doctor: The current US testing strategy isn’t working
- ‘We’re at the worst, we’re seeing the worst of it now’: Knoxville ICU nurses share frontline insights