KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Reports had come out that the University of Tennessee had been fined by the SEC for COVID-19 violations late in the week, and on Saturday, head coach Jeremy Pruitt confirmed the reports and spoke on the reason for the fine.
Back during the Vols’ game against Georgia on October 10, Pruitt was seen during the game not wearing his mask properly.
Pruitt cited that he was having issues talking to his team.
“During that game I had problems communicating and I pulled my mask down and didn’t realize it until the game was over with. So, obviously, it’s not something that I wanted to do. That’s not how I’ve been practicing wearing my mask. I’ve been doing it the right way.”Jeremy Pruitt
At this time it is unclear how much UT was fined for the protocol violation.
- Study: Employment rose among those in free money experiment
- PHOTOS: Modern ‘Hobbit hole’ hits the market far from Middle Earth
- New video shows more strange lights around Las Vegas
- ‘She was so little:’ Mom delivers premature ‘miracle’ baby in car during Texas storm
- Teacher had to lock sub out of Florida classroom after he attacked students, police say