KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Reports had come out that the University of Tennessee had been fined by the SEC for COVID-19 violations late in the week, and on Saturday, head coach Jeremy Pruitt confirmed the reports and spoke on the reason for the fine.
Back during the Vols’ game against Georgia on October 10, Pruitt was seen during the game not wearing his mask properly.
Pruitt cited that he was having issues talking to his team.
“During that game I had problems communicating and I pulled my mask down and didn’t realize it until the game was over with. So, obviously, it’s not something that I wanted to do. That’s not how I’ve been practicing wearing my mask. I’ve been doing it the right way.”Jeremy Pruitt
At this time it is unclear how much UT was fined for the protocol violation.
- Alcoa finishes regular season 9-1 with victory over Dobyns Bennett
- Football comes full circle: Mays brothers reunite on the Tennessee offensive line
- Haunted Tri-Cities: Newport building linked to tragedy, haunting and a conspiracy
- Pres. Trump, Biden appeal to last-minute voters in dueling Florida rallies
- Florida woman in labor refuses hospital until husband drives her to polling place first