KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – For the first time in 100 years University of Tennessee-Knoxville graduates will get their diplomas on Shields–Watkins Field, now located in Neyland Stadium.
Chancellor Donde Plowman made the announcement in February that 2021 spring commencement would move outdoors to account for social distancing.
Five services will be held beginning Friday with the Haslam College of Business and last until Sunday with the College of Arts & Sciences, including a special ceremony for graduate and professional students.
COVID-19 protocols such as facial coverings and social distancing will still be in place, according to Plowman.
Ceremonies will last approximately two-and-a-half hours and attendance will be limited.
Commencement ceremonies schedule
Friday, May 7
- Haslam College of Business — 10 a.m.
- Graduate and professional hooding (including Law and Veterinary Medicine) — 4 p.m.
Saturday, May 8
- College of Architecture and Design, College of Communication and Information, College of Social Work, Tickle College of Engineering — 10 a.m.
- College of Education, Health, and Human Sciences, College of Nursing, Herbert College of Agriculture — 4 p.m.
Sunday, May 9
- College of Arts & Sciences — 1 p.m.
You can find more information on commencement on the UT Commencement 2021 website.