KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — There and back again, a transfer portal tale by Vols defensive back Shawn Shamburger.
On Tuesday, Shamburger entered his name in the transfer portal; however, on Wednesday, he pulled his name out and now intends to stay in Tennessee.
This, as Vols offensive lineman Wanya Morris, entered the transfer portal and two other players announced they are transferring to other universities. Wide receiver Brandon Johnson will be finishing his career at Central Florida while running back Ty Chandler is headed to North Carolina.
Shamburger played in three games this past season before leaving the team to focus on academics. However, he did make quite an impact during his junior year.
- 47 tackles
- 3 sacks
- 4.5 tackles for loss
- 1 interception
- $1,400 stimulus checks: Here’s where we stand halfway through January
- If you received unemployment benefits you could owe taxes
- Knoxville Black Business Directory puts minority-owned local businesses in spotlight
- Photo gallery: President Trump’s presidency
- ‘God put me there’: Man runs toward fiery crash, saves driver on Missouri highway