KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — There and back again, a transfer portal tale by Vols defensive back Shawn Shamburger.
On Tuesday, Shamburger entered his name in the transfer portal; however, on Wednesday, he pulled his name out and now intends to stay in Tennessee.
This, as Vols offensive lineman Wanya Morris, entered the transfer portal and two other players announced they are transferring to other universities. Wide receiver Brandon Johnson will be finishing his career at Central Florida while running back Ty Chandler is headed to North Carolina.
Shamburger played in three games this past season before leaving the team to focus on academics. However, he did make quite an impact during his junior year.
- 47 tackles
- 3 sacks
- 4.5 tackles for loss
- 1 interception
- 100 days until the start of the Tokyo Olympics
- ‘It’s time to end America’s longest war’: Biden details timeline to pull troops from Afghanistan
- Jay Cutler, Kristin Cavallari sued over alleged dog bite in Middle Tennessee
- Driver arrested after beloved goose killed at Middle Tennessee marina
- 18-year-old found dead at Crossville home