KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Tennessee senior running back Ty Chandler has entered the NCAA transfer portal as a graduate transfer.
The move was first reported by 247 Sports and was confirmed to 6 News by a UT spokesperson.
The Nashville native led the Vols in rushing yards in 2019 with 655 yards and in 2018 with 630 yards. During his senior season (2020) Chandler saw fewer touches getting 100 carries resulting in 456 yards and four touchdowns, serving as the second option behind sophomore Eric Gray.
Chandler posted 2,046 rushing yards during his four seasons on Rocky Top, which ranks 17th in program history, and ranks fifth in UT history in all-purpose yards with 3,245.
The Vols signed three running backs during the early signing period including The No. 1-rated junior college running back (per the 247Sports Composite) Tiyon Evans.
- Knoxville native Bianca Belair wins WWE Smackdown Women’s Championship at Wrestlemania
- Sevier County business owner hosting prom for those whose schools won’t have one this year
- What’s COVID-19 and what’s just allergies? Doctors break it down
- Protesters, counter-protesters rally outside Johnson City Honda
- Cumberland County Schools to reopen on April 12 following damage from tornado