KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — 247 Sports released its True Freshman All-American Team for the 2020 season on Monday and has named Jalin Hyatt as one of three wide receivers in the country that could make an immediate impact for his respective team.
The 6-foot, 175-pound true freshman out of South Carolina has a chance to make a splash for the Vols’ offense this year as Tennessee lost Marquez Callaway and Jauan Jennings to the NFL as well as the recent news of redshirt-junior Deangelo Gibbs opting out of the 2020 season.
Hyatt was rated as the nation’s 33rd-ranked wide receiver and as a four-star prospect in the 247 Sports composite rankings.
247 Sports explains why Hyatt made their list, “At Tennessee, Hyatt has a chance to totally transform the Vols’ receiver room from plodders to purebreds. He’s a 10.4 burner and has been receiving rave reviews for his polish as well.”
247 Sports Tru Freshman Preseason All-American Team for 2020
- QUARTERBACK: KEN SEALS, VANDERBILT
- RUNNING BACK: JAYLAN KNIGHTON, MIAMI
- WIDE RECEIVER: JORDAN ADDISON, PITTSBURGH – JALIN HYATT, TENNESSEE – LIDEATRICK GRIFFIN, MISSISSIPPI STATE
- TIGHT END: ARIK GILBERT, LSU
- OFFENSIVE LINE: CALEB ROGERS, TEXAS TECH – JORDAN WILLIAMS, GEORGIA TECH – ANDREW RAYM, OKLAHOMA – JOSEH REMETICH, TULANE – TY’KIEST CRAWFORD, CHARLOTTE
- DEFENSIVE LINE: BRYAN BRESEE, CLEMSON – GERVON DEXTER, FLORIDA – ALFRED COLLINS, TEXAS – JALEN CARTER, GEORGIA
- LINEBACKER: WILL ANDERSON, ALABAMA – STEPHEN DIX, FLORIDA STATE
- DEFENSIVE BACK: MALCOLM GREENE, CLEMSON – JA’QURIOUS CONLEY, NORTH CAROLINA – JAYLON JONES, TEXAS A&M – BRIAN BRANCH, ALABAMA – COREY THORNTON, UCF
- RETURNER: BRENNAN PRESLEY, OKLAHOMA STATE
- City finishes work on Cal Johnson Recreation Center
- ‘I honestly teared up’: Man finds massive 9-carat diamond at Arkansas park
- Driver abandons puppy in Nashville cul-de-sac, caught on video
- 1st deadly grizzly attack recorded in nation’s largest park
- President Trump holds White House news briefing