BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — - Southeastern Conference coaches have selected Tennessee forward Grant Williams as the league's player of the year for a second straight season.
He's the first person to win the honor in consecutive seasons since Arkansas' Corliss Williamson in 1994-95. Williams also is the Associated Press' SEC player of the year.
SEC coaches named Mississippi's Kermit Davis coach of the year, Kentucky's Keldon Johnson freshman of the year, LSU's Skylar Mays scholar-athlete of the year and South Carolina's Hassani Gravett sixth man of the year. LSU's Tremont Waters and Kentucky's Ashton Hagans are co-defensive players of the year.
Coaches' first-team all-SEC selections are Williams, Waters, Arkansas' Daniel Gafford, Kentucky's PJ Washington, Ole Miss' Breein Tyree, Mississippi State's Quinndary Weatherspoon, South Carolina's Chris Silva and Tennessee's Admiral Schofield.
Second-team picks include Johnson, Mays, Auburn's Bryce Brown and Jared Harper, Georgia's Nicolas Claxton, Kentucky's Tyler Herro, Ole Miss' Terence Davis and Tennessee's Jordan Bone.
More AP college basketball: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and https://twitter.com/AP_Top25
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- KBrew opens West Hills location Saturday
- ICE official: Immigration crisis to blame for overcrowding outside Knoxville facility
- Monitoring your credit report and score: What to know
- 'They're teaching me,' Local teens inspired by Vols hoops success
- Oak Ridge 'Battle of the Badges' blood drive to benefit Children's Hospital
- TBI releases photos, asks for help to identify man found dead along Douglas Lake
- 6 Things to know about Spin scooters in Knoxville
- 5 suspects at New Mexico compound face terror charges
- Trump says public should see 'ridiculous' Mueller report
- After the fall: How to take advantage of lower rates
- GOP senators defend McCain as Trump goes on attack again
- European, Canadian regulators to do own review of Boeing jet
- APNewsbreak: Police say immigrant suspect killed for drugs
- USC's new president ready to 'fix' school after scandals