Knoxville, TENN. (WATE) - It wasn't as easy as their season opener was Sunday, but the 12th ranked Lady Vols were never truly challenged in their 73-46 win over UNC Asheville on Wednesday night.
Five players finished in double figures for Tennessee, led by Meme Jackson's 13 points.
Tennessee alternated strong scoring punches with frustrating droughts, scoring just 8 points in the third quarter after a 44 point first half.
"We talk a lot about refocusing, good or bad, and I thought we didn't do that tonight," Holly Warlick said. "We let a turnover or not switching or not talking affect us. But we'll go back and figure it out."
"It was a lack of consistency for us," added sophomore Rennia Davis. "I don't think we played the full 40 [minutes] as hard as we could tonight."
Davis, making her season debut after missing the opener due to injury, was held scoreless in the first three quarters before lighting it up for 10 points in the fourth. Cheridene Greene added 12 points, Evina Westbrook finished with 11, and Rae Burrell scored 10 to go along with 8 rebounds.
Tennessee hosts Florida A&M on Sunday at 2 p.m.
Vols routed by Missouri 50-17 on...
UT Alumni challenges others for...
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Sevierville community says goodbye to longtime Mayor Bryan Atchley
- One dead, one injured after car crash in Loudon County
- Knoxville Ice Bears host first Wiener Dog Race of the season
- KPD Investigates two unrelated overnight shootings
- Thousands of wreaths placed at graves in Knoxville as part of Wreaths Across America
- 2 arrested after firing shots during police pursuit in Campbell County
- Schofield scores 29, No. 3 Tennessee beats Memphis 102-92
- Saudi Arabia rejects US Senate's 'interference' in kingdom
- Child's death highlights communication barriers on border
- Investors seeking tax breaks skip poverty-stricken areas
- Trump lawyer Giuliani rules out Mueller interview with Trump
- White House digs in on border wall demand, risking shutdown
- Colin Kroll, co-founder of HQ Trivia, found dead
- Reward offered in search for missing Colorado woman