KNOXVILLE, TN WATE - It's Homecoming weekend at the University of Tennessee and the Volunteers are ready for the influx of fans and alumni on Saturday. The Volunteers take on the Charlotte 49ers at 4 p.m. eastern, and the gates will open at 2 p.m at Neyland Stadium.
According to UT campus news, Starting at 12:30 p.m. the Toyota Volunteer Village is hosting pregame festivities with Smokey and Smokey Junior along with the cheerleaders and dance team, located at the Humanities Plaza.
Then the traditional Vol Walk will begin at 1:45 p.m., at the Torchbearer in front of Circle Park.
Shortly after at 2:20 p.m. the Pride of the Southland Band, alongside alumni band members will march from Volunteer Boulevard, to the north entrance of Neyland.
Following the conclusion of the national anthem, four US Air Force T-38 jets will be flying over the stadium with two of the pilots being UT alumni.
For any more information, visit https://homecoming.utk.edu/events/.
Tennessee's offense sputters in 14-3...
Fulmer: Neyland Stadium renovations...
- Friend of KPD Officer injured in unprovoked attack shares plea to witnesses, information
- Knoxville woman charged for stealing hunting dog in Blount County
- Pedestrian struck by vehicle on Alcoa Highway
- KCSO cracks down on retail crime ahead of holiday shopping season
- Sen. Bob Corker on 12 years of service, what's next
- 6 Explores: Hiking in the Smokies during the winter
- WATE 6 On Your Side Storm Team Thanksgiving 2018 travel forecast
- Hospital gunman fired at least 30 times before killing self
- Right-leaning nonprofit paid Whitaker nearly $1 million
- American believed killed by isolated tribe on Indian island
- Trump says he plans to make his first visit to a war zone
- Trump team turns over written answers to Mueller's questions
- Trump defies calls to punish crown prince for writer's death
- Once rising GOP star, Utah's Mia Love loses seat to Democrat