KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) - Tennessee Director of Athletics Phillip Fulmer has extended an invitation to families displaced by Hurricane Florence to attend Saturday's game against UTEP free of charge. Kickoff for the matchup between the Volunteers and Miners is set for noon ET at Neyland Stadium.
"Our hearts go out to all the families whose lives have been impacted by the hurricanes and tropical storms along the Atlantic coast," Fulmer said. "One of our four pillars is warmth, and we feel this is an appropriate way to bring that to life. Certainly, a football game is relatively insignificant in comparison to the realities these evacuees are facing. But if we can provide just a few hours of distraction and normalcy for these families, I believe we should do all we can to make that possible for them."
Residents of North Carolina and South Carolina counties under evacuation orders may claim tickets for themselves and their immediate families beginning at 8:30 a.m. ET on Saturday at the marked tent centrally located inside of Toyota Volunteer Village near the DJ.
Toyota Volunteer Village is located in Humanities Plaza on Volunteer Boulevard across from the Torchbearer Statue. Additional signage will be in place to help direct fans unfamiliar with campus.
Tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis while supplies last. A valid, state-issued ID for North Carolina or South Carolina is required to receive a complimentary ticket. Ticket distribution will close at noon.
Chick-fil-A Knoxville is also donating 500 Chick-fil-A Chicken Biscuits for evacuees, which will be provided at the ticket-claim tent while supplies last.
In addition to Saturday's opportunity for Atlantic coast evacuees, Walmart has partnered with the USO to host 25 military families at Saturday's game. Those select families will receive complimentary tickets and access to a pregame tailgate.
All fans are reminded to review UT's Clear Bag Policy which can be found here.
Additional traffic, parking and shuttle information is always accessible on the UTsports.com gameday page.
Tickets for Saturday's game are still available for purchase at AllVols.com.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- 2.3 magnitude earthquake reported in Seymour
- Snow falls across East Tennessee; crews working to clear roads
- Sevierville Mayor Bryan Atchley dies
- Hamblen County officer thankful for his life following pursuit, shooting
- TBI: Suspect identified in hours-long standoff with Blount County deputies
- Rural Metro crews fight chimney fire at home in West Knoxville
- 2.7 magnitude earthquake reported in Roane County
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Winter storm causes icy roads across swath of South
- Former Agriculture Secretary Bob Bergland dies at 90
- Swath of South faces wintry mess: Snow, sleet, freezing rain
- The Latest: Trump considering 4 to be next chief of staff
- Pence aide out of running to be Trump's next chief of staff
- Teachers union: Tentative deal to end charter schools strike
- Evers not optimistic Wisconsin Gov. Walker will veto bills