KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Tennessee trailed for over eight minutes on Tuesday before holding off Vanderbilt 65-61 at Thompson-Boling Arena.
The Vols led by 13 points with 2:30 left in the second half before the Commodores ripped off 10 points in a row to cut Tennessee’s lead to 63-61 with six seconds remaining. Jordan Bowden sank a pair of free throws to ice the game.
John Fulkerson only had one point at intermission from a made free throw. The junior forward scored seven points in a row at one point in the second half, finishing with a team-high 17 points and seven rebounds. Jordan Bowden also added 17 points while Santiago chipped in 15 points.
Tennessee (15-11, 7-6 SEC) travels to No. 13 Auburn on Saturday at noon.
- Pet chihuahua saves man’s life after stroke
- Morristown Police seeks person of interest in May death investigation
- Perseid meteor shower to peak Tuesday night; here’s how to watch
- Dog dies from coronavirus complications, NC health officials say
- TVA board to review CEO pay amid Trump complaint