NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – Jadeveon Clowney’s time wearing No. 90 in the NFL has come to an end following his move to the Tennessee Titans.
Clowney will wear No. 99 for the two-toned blue.
No. 90 is currently occupied by veteran nose tackle DaQuan Jones who has worn it since the Titans drafted him in 2014. No. 99 was available following the trade of longtime Titans defensive tackle Jurrell Casey to the Broncos. The move was made to clear up cap space, likely eyeing this move to add Clowney.
Ironically, the Titans open up the season a week from today on Monday Night Football in Denver. As if Casey needed any more motivation facing his former team, now he will see the guy they replaced him with contract-wise.
Casey wore No. 99 for nine seasons with the Titans and was arguably the greatest Titan ever to wear that number.
- TN Nation: 2-Minute Drill with Titans DB Chris Jackson
- Titans tame Jaguars 33-30, improve to 2-0 for first time since 2008
- High school football Player of the Week nominees: week five
- Gostkowski kicks 49-yarder as Titans beat Jaguars 33-30
- SEC announces roster, positional guidelines for cancellations