Strong storms this evening, and scattered showers tomorrow afternoon.
- Tonight: (30%) few spotty showers/rumbles early. Partly cloudy. Low: 64°.
- Monday: Partly cloudy with a few showers and rumbles late, mainly over the mountains (30%). High: 86°.
- Tuesday: Mostly sunny and warm. High: 87°.
There is still a chance for scattered showers and thunderstorms this evening, especially for areas West of Knoxville. The Storm Prediction Center has placed part of the Plateau, Valley, and Southern Valley under a level 1 out of 5 risk for severe storms today. Gusty to damaging winds and hail up to 1″ in diameter will be possible.
Brief heavy rain will also be a concern, but flooding is not expected. Please use extra caution today if you plan to be out on the water and remember when thunder roars, go indoors! A few storms and showers will linger this evening before diminishing past sunset. Partly cloudy skies continue overnight with lows in the mid-60s.
It is another mild start Monday with some patchy dense fog. Monday will still be warm with highs in the mid-80 and partly cloudy skies. Scattered showers are expected in the afternoon and evening again. There is no official severe weather risk Monday at this point but an isolated storm may be strong.
Tuesday is dry and warm with plenty of sunshine and a high in the mid to upper 80s! The humidity is much lower Tuesday so it is more of a dry heat. Clouds will increase Wednesday late in the day with a slim shower chance. Rain chances return Wednesday night into early Thursday morning before we see drier conditions past mid-morning.
We are cooler for the end of the week with more seasonable highs in the low 80s. Partly cloudy skies return for Friday and Saturday with mainly dry conditions. A few showers are expected Sunday, especially in the afternoon and evening. Temperatures warm up to the mid-80s by the end of the weekend.
Latest local news
- Blount County firefighter continue battling blaze at Green Acres Flea Market Sunday
- One dead after boating collision on Norris Lake, TWRA says
- Knoxville Police: One dead after crash on Chapman Highway
- Tennessee baseball eases past Charlotte, advances to Super Regionals
- Knoxville woman accused of hiring hitman to murder wife of man she met on Match.com
This blog is updated several times daily.