KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) - Be sure to follow the WATE 6 On Your Side Storm Team:
Rain chances are spotty today but increasing tonight.
- Thursday: A shower or two. A possible t-storm in the afternoon.(30%) Breezy Wind: SW 15-20 mph. Mild. . High: 78°.
- Thursday Night (AWARE): Scattered showers and some thunder will be more likely (60%) Windy at times. Low: 59°.
- Friday (AWARE): Some lingering rain and thunder through midday (60%), then decreasing clouds and cooler late day. High: 70°. Breezy Wind: NW 15-20 mph
Clouds will increase across the region through the early morning along with a light southerly wind will keep it mild with most areas in the mid 50s to low 60s.
It will remain mostly cloudy, breezy and warm on Thursday with highs right back into the mid-upper 70s and by late day/evening, a few stray storms could pop-up across the Plateau up into portions of S.E. Kentucky.
We will be Weather AWARE late Thursday night through at least midday Friday as a cold front sweeps across the region. Scattered showers and some storms will increase in coverage, but again, the severe threat looks low. These showers and storms could certainly impact the morning commute Friday and have an impact on early morning outdoor plans.
The front looks to clear the Mountains around midday Friday and we will slowly see some clearing from west to east during the afternoon and evening hours.
Brisk northwest winds will kick in as well bringing in some cooler air. Most will only see highs in the mid-upper 60s Friday afternoon and fall off into the 40s under a clear sky Friday night with a few spots in the upper 30s.
We will start Saturday cool and sunny clouds will return through the afternoon with highs remaining mid 60s. to mid 70s. Rain chances look very low late Saturday into early Sunday, but again there will still be more clouds than sun around to start our Sunday. The clouds thin some by later in the day and highs once again will reach the mid 70s.
Temperatures will climb back to and beyond the 80 degree mark early in the work week with limited rain opportunities through mid week.
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Former Hawkins County teacher charged with statutory rape
- Fmr. Sen Bob Corker holding town hall discussion in Knoxville
- East Tennessee quarry fined for river pollution
- Greene County authorities searching for man with active warrants
- Draft Day is here: Nashville takes center stage as NFL Draft weekend begins
- Knox County Schools board of education approves budget
- Northview Senior Academy student taken into custody after alleged threat
- Pentagon watchdog clears acting chief Shanahan of wrongdoing
- FBI, IRS agents search Baltimore mayor's homes, City Hall
- Louisiana Gov. says 2 dead in tornado in city of Ruston
- Biden launches 2020 bid warning 'soul' of America at stake
- The Latest: Obama praises Biden, no formal endorsement
- 2 dead, college campus closed after tornado in northern Louisiana
- Inside Joe Biden's decision to run one more time