KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) - Be sure to follow the WATE 6 On Your Side Storm Team:
Presidents' Day: Some Sunshine and mainly dry. High: 50°
We will see some sun mixed with clouds and dry for at least one day this week
Tuesday (AWARE): Waves of heavy rainfall (80%). High: 43°
A cool day as rain returns during the afternoon and likely heavy at times!
We look to be heading into a wet pattern once again where periods of rain will be likely through most of the week. This could certainly cause some concerns as the ground is quite saturated in many areas across our region. Please know what to do NOW if you live in a flood prone area in case you have to take action at some point next week.
We be partly cloudy to mostly cloudy on Monday with highs in the upper 40s-lower 50s, but this looks to be the last "dry" day of the rest of next week.
We will be Weather AWARE again Tuesday through Saturday as waves of rain move across the region. The rain won't be continuous, but opportunities will remain high all of these days with rainfall totals around 2"-4" more possible.
We will monitor Friday and Saturday as well for potential Weather AWARE days as scattered rain showers still look possible especially as we head into next weekend.
This means the overall rain potential from today through next Sunday could total up to between 4" and 7" for our area. It doesn't mean everyone sees all of this rain. Some could see less, while others could see more, but regardless flooding of creeks, streams and rivers along with low lying land and even some highways, roads and streets will certainly be possible. Please remember ALL flooding safety rules. Know where to go if you live in a flood prone area and need to evacuate and make sure you never drive through a flooded road...Turn Around, Don't Drown!.
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Missing Morristown teen found safe
- Woman dies after officer-involved shooting involving THP trooper in Claiborne County
- KPD recruits conduct "DUI Wetlab" training
- 3-year-old dies after reportedly drowning at Cedar Bluff Hotel Swimming Pool
- Local businesses prep for Vols fans ahead of Saturday's game
- 3 people escape Knoxville house fire
- I-75 reopens after tanker overturns spilling 8,500 gallons of gas
- Tennessee lawmaker proposes bill cracking down on passing school buses
- Chicago police seek follow-up interview with Jussie Smollett
- EU states mixed on Trump demand to take back IS fighters
- DC's many prankster activists turn anger into street theater
- White House indicates Trump to veto disapproval of emergency
- Ex-FBI official: 'Crime may have been committed' by Trump
- North Carolina to hold hearing on undecided US House race