KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) - Be sure to follow the WATE 6 On Your Side Storm Team:
Weather AWARE until 6:30 PM. Heaviest rain will be west of Knoxville, including the Plateau and Middle Tennessee. Storms are possible so listen for thunder!
Tonight: A few showers, otherwise cloudy (40%). Low: 68°
Heaviest rainfall will continue to favor areas to the west, however, isolated heavy downpours and storms are possible eastward for the Valley/Mountains.
Tomorrow: Scattered P.M. showers (40%). High: 83°
Mainly dry in the morning with a few showers and some storms during the afternoon. Better chance for widespread rain overnight into Wednesday morning as a cool front approaches East TN.
Wednesday (AWARE): Showers, heavy at times (70%). High: 75°
Heavy rain can be expected at times on Wednesday and localized flooding is possible. For now, strong to severe storms are not expected but listen out for thunder.
As the front continues to move through, showers and storms will stick around on Thursday. Once it finally passes, we'll start to dry out! This weekend is looking pleasant with sunshine and high temperatures in the upper 70/low 80s.
- Knoxville man sentenced to 10 years in child porn case
- Duck Duck Goose consignment sale returns to Knoxville
- Missing Hamblen Co man found safe
- Sevier County generated over $2 billion in 2017 tourism revenue
- President Trump will visit Johnson City for Blackburn fundraiser, MAGA rally
- Sheriff's office: Kingston Pike incident likely a suicide
- Knoxville police reopening 2016 murder cold case
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Indicted congressman makes court appearance before midterms
- Virginia prisons to ban tampons for female visitors
- 10 days after Hurricane Florence, fresh chaos in S. Carolina
- 'Rocket Man' to 'Terrific': Trump lauds Kim in UN return
- Michigan AG alleges opponent lied about Nassar probe
- The Latest: Schumer: GOP should want FBI background check
- The Latest: Trump praises trade deal with South Korea