KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) - Be sure to follow the WATE 6 On Your Side Storm Team:
Another round of scattered strong storms this afternoon.
Today: Spotty AM Rain, Scat'd PM Storms: Hi 88
Daytime heating helping fuel another round of storms. Heavy rain is the biggest concern. Localized flooding is a possibility. Plan on a slower afternoon/evening commute. Some storms could even produce strong winds. Watch for debris during the strongest storms.
Tomorrow: Clearing Out, Warm But Less Humid: Hi 89
After morning fog, get ready for the pick day of the week. Tons of sun taking over and warmth. Seasonable warmth. With relatively lower humidity. Great feel to our Wednesday. Especially when we look at the rest of the week. Lower 90s returning along with higher humidity. Rain returning late Friday and into the weekend.
- Heavy rains flood roadways in Knoxville
- Smoking in public housing to be banned nationwide
- ShopRite grocery store in Rocky Top closing
- Tennessee's sales tax rate is now the highest in the nation
- Knox County Sheriff's Office steps up to the lip sync challenge
- Jury selection begins in UT football players' rape trial
- Pre-trial motions complete, rape trial of former UT players to begin
- Alleged California serial rapist wanted for deportation
- US Army reverses course on discharging 1 immigrant recruit
- Immigrant children describe hunger and cold in detention
- Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House
- Cuomo outraises Nixon, but questions about donors linger
- $23k reward offered for arrest of person who injured cat with firecracker
- Amazon pokes fun at glitches, says tech gadgets popular