KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Several areas across East Tennessee and Kentucky are getting their power back on after strong winds are moving across the area.
The Knoxville Utilities Board outage map showed more than 16,800 people in its service area without power at 10:30 a.m. As of 2:15 power had been yet to be restored to 2,980 customers.
Other areas being effected include:
- Anderson County:
- Clinton Utilities Board, 44 customers without power.
- Bell County, Kentucky:
- Kentucky Utilities, 632 customers without power.
- Blount County:
- Campbell County:
- Volunteer Energy Cooperative, 68 customers without power.
- Fentress County:
- Volunteer Energy Cooperative, 6 customers without power.
- Grainger County:
- Jefferson County:
- Knox County:
- Loudon County
- McCreary County, Kentucky:
- South Kentucky RECC, 42 customers without power.
- Roane County:
- Sevier County:
- Union County
- Knoxville Utilities Board, 88 customers without power.
Editor’s Note: This story was last updated at 2:15 p.m.